Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This Is Going To Be Harder Than I Thought

I had a great day today. I managed to shower, walk the dog, and get to the post office all before 11am. Since everything was going so great I decided to push my luck and do my first real workout while Nathan was napping in his swing. I am a big fan of home workout dvds. I have collected several, and have actually done them religiously over the last few years. That is until I got pregnant. I had every intention of working out throughout my pregnancy, but it didn't happen. I just didn't have the energy for it. So I couldn't wait to get back in shape after being pregnant for 41 1/2 long weeks. I started walking about 4 days after Nathan was born and have worked up to 2 miles per day and that's with a 11+ pound baby strapped to my front. I thought I was doing really good, and since my 6 week checkup is tomorrow I figured I was safe to kick it up a notch. So I quickly surveyed my video collection. (Time is of the essence when Nathan is napping. He is not a good napper, but that is another post.) I grabbed what was my "easy" workout prepregnancy. It was for days I was feeling lazy. It's good because you can customize your workout. I picked cardio 12 minutes and upper body 11 minutes. I thought it would be quick and easy. OMG!! I was so wrong. The cardio seemed like the longest 12 minutes ever, and the upper body workout had my 3lb weights feeling like 20lb weights. I can't believe there was a time I was going to upgrade those to 5lbs!! I guess getting back in shape is going to take longer than I thought.

No comments: