Tuesday, May 19, 2009

30 Day Shred

I bought this workout a few weeks after Nathan was born, and it had just been sitting around the house. I started seeing it talked about more and more on the internet, and decided I should give it a try. It is a 20 minute workout with 3 levels. You are supposed to do it 30 days in a row no breaks. Each level for 10 days. If you decide to try it I would really encourage you to NOT take days off. I think that was key for me. This is a serious butt kicking workout, and it works!! When I started on day one I thought doing 30 seconds of jumping jacks was hard. By day 30 I was doing 30 seconds of jumping jacks with weights like it was nothing. I updated this post everyday while doing the workout so you can see how it worked for me.
I also added pictures. I didn't take a picture until day 10. It was really hard for me to share these pictures, because I feel like I still have so far to go. I do know that you can see a difference though, and that is what is important. So even if one person feels inspired by my photos then it would be worth my embarrassment.
I would highly recommend this workout to anyone who wants to get in shape, and see quick results. You will thank me in 30 days. Dare and I are starting over on level 1 tonight!!
Day 1- Wasn't as hard as I thought I made it through no problem.
Day 2- My arms are a little sore today. Workout went ok.
Day 3- Today my arms and legs are a little sore. It was hard today. Even the chest flys which I normally think are the easiest seemed difficult.
Day 4-It was easier than yesterday. I'm not sore anymore.
Day 5- Dare worked out with me again today. I wish I could say it's getting easier, but it isn't.
Day 6- This workout is hard. I'm not going to lie.
Day 7- I was able to push myself just a little.
Day 8- My legs were a bit sore from pushing myself yesterday. Dare and I agreed that circuit one is the hardest.
Day 9- Dare didn't workout with me today. I did it by myself. I told him I feel less jiggly now when I do all of the jumping exercises.
Day 10- I am scared tomorrow we start level 2!!
Day 11- I knew it was going to be hard when during the warm up Dare said "This is the f-n warm up?" There were places I had to stop for a second. My arms feel shaky now.
Day 12- The 3rd circuit is killer. My shoulders are on fire, and sore from yesterday.
Day 13- I have started to strangely look forward to doing this workout.
Day 14- I couldn't help but admire my newly acquired biceps today.
Day 15- I was on my own today, but I still managed to get it done. It might be getting just a tad easier. Oh, and I can't believe I'm half way!!
Day 16- I'm feeling like I have a lot more energy now. This is working.
Day 17- I feel so much stronger than when I first started, but this workout is still so tough.
Day 18- After overindulging for my b-day yesterday I can't even tell you how much I wanted to blow this off today. I didn't though. Day 18 done!!
Day 19-I'm so scared to start level 3 tomorrow.
Day 20- Ummm, that was so hard. There may have even been some cursing involved.
Day 21- I'm a bit sore from yesterday in random places. Like my forearms!!
Day 22- Dare and I agree circuit 3 is the hardest.
Day 23- I have yet to make it through level 3 without having to pause for a second in two places. Day 24- I missed today so disappointed.
Day 25-When does this level get easier?
Day 26-This level has more core work than the other two. Not fun, but necessary.
Day 27-Today I made it through the whole workout without pausing. Go me!!
Day 28- Hate doing the workout. Love how good I feel afterwards.
Day 29-I hate planks!!
Day 30-Almost done.
Day 31-I did it. I feel so badass!!

Day 10

Day 30

Day 10


Day 30








No comments: