Monday, May 18, 2009

Changes

Not a lot of changes, but some pretty major ones anyway. Have you ever had a moment when you realized you couldn't live another day with something the way it was? Well I did, and that something was my hair. The desire came so suddenly that there was no stopping it. I was on a mission for change. Sunday morning I headed off to the salon looking like this




and came home looking like this




You'll have to excuse the dumb look on my face. I was trying very hard to get a picture without the camera in front of my face. I'm still working on perfecting that technique.


The other change came just as unexpectedly. When I went back to work at the end of January I went back 4 days a week. I get up at 2am most days to go to work, and my days off are Sun, Mon, and Wed. I don't enjoy my job, and I enjoy that schedule even less. The opportunity came up for me to take a position with less stress, and less hours at work. I talked to my boss, and I start next week. Now I get to sleep until 4am, and I work Mon-Wed.

I'm a little nervous about working less. Since I am the money spender in the house I promised my husband I would cut out my daily trips to Starbucks. I will now only go on the days I work. I also said I would stop all of the emergency phone calls to him at work asking him to bring home dinner, because I'm too tired to cook. Really though, we are both extremely happy about this. I will get to be home all weekend for the first time in four years. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do with all of my newly acquired free time, but I'm sure this busy little guy will help to fill up the days.

No comments: