Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mexico......It's Better with Tequila

So in May we took our second trip to Mexico in the last year. We enjoyed it so much the first time that I really wanted to go back. I knew that once the baby came it would be awhile before we got to take an extended vacation. We went to Puerto Vallarta again for the simple fact that it is close. What can I say I HATE to fly. I am not AFRAID to fly I just hate it. I can't stand to be stuck in one spot for more than 3 hours and I can't sleep. But that's a post for another time. We stayed at a different all inclusive resort this time. It was nice much busier than where we stayed last time not sure if it was time of year or not. On our honeymoon trip we did lots of activities thanks to getting stopped by the timeshare sharks at the airport. I always thought the importance of tequila in Mexico was exaggerated, but I quickly learned that isn't true at all. Every activity we participated in involved drinking tequila. These included a city tour with a stop at a tequila factory. A snorkeling trip where we got all of 5 minutes in the water because there is some law in Mexico that won't let people drink on the boat prior to going in the water. Also a horseback ride, a dinner show on an island, and a trip to Senor Frog's they all had one thing in common. It also makes a great prize every game, contest or activity we were involved in included tequila whether it was the prize or the game itself. I should clarify I love tequila give me a good margarita and I'm happy blended, on the rocks, salt no salt I love them all it has been my drink of choice for as long as I can remember.
So the trip in May I decided not to do any of the activities I just didn't think they would be fun for me. Our only trip out of the resort was to the flea market. Instead we laid on the beach reading books, played in the ocean, enjoyed the food, and swam in the pool. I drank more virgin margaritas than any one person ever should. I had fun it was beautiful there and very relaxing, but it's better with tequila.

No comments: