Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Not Ready Yet

I had a midwife appointment yesterday. Everything is still looking good. She took blood to check my iron level again, hopefully it has improved from last time. I have been pretty consistent in taking my 6 iron pills per day. I asked about starting acupuncture for labor induction. I figured she would tell me to wait another week or two, but she said I could start now. I was really surprised by that, and I'm not ready right now. Just for a little background on this ALL of my kids were born past their due dates. Being 10 days, 7 days, 10 days, and 4 days late respectively with two medical inductions in there. So with my son who was 4 days late my midwives suggested acupuncture as a way to move things along. I went in for an appointment on my due date, and then another one two days later I went into labor the next day. I will never know for sure if that's what did it or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try again. I also found it to be the most relaxing thing I've ever done. That alone is worth the money. So I called today and spoke with an acupuncturist who specializes in pregnancy. I decided to wait until next week to go because it will give me more time to get ready, and the more ready your body is the more likely it is to be successful. So wish me luck.

No comments: