Sunday, January 4, 2009

2 1/2 Months


As I mentioned in my previous post Nathan's appointment was cancelled due to weather. So I finally took him Friday. So this ended up being more like 2 1/2 months rather than 2 months. Here are his stats.



Weight-14 lbs 8 oz

Length- 24 1/2 inches

Head- 17 cm


He is in the 97th percentile for weight and head circumference and the 90th for length. So yeah, he is a big boy. The Dr was also very impressed by how responsive he was to her. She said she thought he was 4 months old until she looked at his chart. He loves to "talk" and smile at people, and if you work really hard you may get a little giggle out of him.

He is still pretty high maintenance. He sleeps great at night from about 11pm-9am usually only waking up once. Getting him to sleep during the day is another story. The best luck I've had recently is to take him for a walk in his stroller. This usually puts him to sleep them I just bring him in and leave him there until he wakes up. That will be his only long nap during the day. The rest are usually shorter while I am holding him, and as soon as I try to put him down he wakes up. Not kidding I probably spend 80% of our time at home with him in my lap. He still doesn't like his swing, or his activity mat. I hope this changes soon as it's really hard for me to get much done (he's in my lap right now in fact) and he's getting too heavy to carry around in my moby wrap for long periods of time.

I stay sane by telling myself this won't last forever, and soon I'll have to beg just for a hug. I enjoy my days spent entertaining him, holding him in my lap while I try to type, and staring at his sweet sleeping face in my arms. Everything else can wait.

No comments: