Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Battle Begins Tonight

I realized when I woke up this morning that I go back to work in exactly 2 weeks. That is a scary thought. It's not necessarily the work part that is bothering me, I will only be working 4 days a week. It's that I still feel like it's too early. I'm not ready. I have to get up at 3am for work, and right now I am sleeping until 8am. Nathan likes to stay up late so we usually don't go to bed until 11:30 or so, and when we go to bed he sleeps right next to me. Like most people I like my sleep, and in the beginning that was the easiest way to get it.

So now I need to break the habit and get him to sleep on his own. Starting tonight I'm moving upstairs to Kailyn's room. I don't want to keep Dare up as he hasn't adjusted to my new later bedtime. I'm going to try and get him to sleep in the bassinet in the room with me. I need to do it now before I am too tired from work. Unfortunately, I think the 11:30 bedtime will just have to stay. I think once Nathan has to get up at 6am for daycare he will start going to bed earlier. At least I hope. Wish me luck.


No comments: