Monday, January 26, 2009

I Think I Am In Love

Yes, that's right I think I am in love with my Wii Fit. I asked for one for Christmas from my dad, and it turned out my sister did too. So despite all of mother natures attempts to keep us from our Christmas celebration, we managed to have it last weekend. It was very nice, and I came home with my shiny new wii fit and put it on the floor in the living room. I explained to my sister that after asking for the gift I had second thoughts. I read tons of reviews online and most of the negative comments were due to people thinking it just didn't give you enough of a workout. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't have time to waste on a workout that's not really a workout. Know what I mean?

I exchanged several emails with my sister last week in which she kept asking me if I had tried it yet? She opened hers as soon as she got home, and was really enjoying it. She really wanted to know what I thought. So, somewhat reluctantly on Saturday afternoon I finally opened it. I took it out of the box and proceeded to set it up.

The first thing it does is weight you, and tell you your bmi. It then adjusts the size of your Mii accordingly. So my Mii is now overweight (yeah still working on that baby weight). It then allows you to set a goal for yourself and gives you 2 weeks to reach it. Then it does a couple of balance tests, and gives you an age based on how you did. After that you are ready to work out.

There is so much cool stuff!! It's broken down into categories. Yoga, strength, aerobic, and balance games. So I loved the soccer game, the jogging, and of course hula hooping!! I guess this is so popular you can find tons of videos of it on you tube. So each time you complete a task it gives you a rating, and then puts points into your bank. When rack up so many points, or get a certain score you unlock new tasks. I could hardly contain my excitement when I unlocked super hula hooping, and the next day my back payed the price. The first night I did 60 minutes worth of tasks.

I think my favorite thing so far is how interactive it is. The Wii is always talking to you. It ranges from concern like "it's Sunday don't you think you should rest today?" and "10-15 minutes of vigorous exercise is enough take a break" to smartass comments like "wow your not very good at that are you" and "your balance is bad do you trip a lot when you walk?"

So maybe it won't get me the abs of steel I've always dreamed of, but any workout that can be described as "fun" and "addicting" can't be bad. I have used it so much in the last 3 days the bottoms of my feet hurt. Is that what those covers are for? Anyway thanks Dad!!

No comments: