Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Best Money I've Spent All Summer!?!

So a couple of weeks ago the girls and I had the pleasure of spending the better part of the morning browsing our neighborhood garage sale. By girls I mean Gabby and Lindsey as Kailyn won't get out of bed at 9am for anything especially garage sales. We probably browsed about 25 to 30 sales and picked up a few things here and there. The most exciting thing by far were 2 scooters we found for $3 each. The girls happily gave up their hard earned cash and we went on our way. This was so perfect, because since the girls had gotten here they had been fighting constantly with Brandon who was the owner of the lone scooter. The first few days were complete bliss for everyone involved. The kids happily rode the three scooters throught the neighborhood. No fighting, no crying, just two sisters and a brother enjoying the nice summer weather together. It was also great for me because I no longer had to listen to the crying and arguing as soon as the door shut behind them, and they were actually getting out of the house for several long rides a day. Like all good things this too must come to an end. This was the scene the other day.

"MOMMY!! Lindsey took my scooter"
"Why did you take his scooter"
"BECAUSE mine scrapes on the ground when I ride it his doesn't"

I had told Dare a couple of nights earlier while enjoying a few minutes of silence during one of the rides. "You know it is only a matter of time before they decide one scooter is better than another, and all of this comes to an end." I guess you would call that mothers intuition.

No comments: